Friday, October 23, 2009

Thing 13

Delicious is one of those sites I've been meaning to experiment with and start using. Anyone I talk to about it thinks its the best thing since sliced bread. I think it could be quite useful for reference work. You can bookmark sites once, organize them and then they'll be accessible from every reference desk computer.

So I decided to do a little experimenting with it. I use firefox as my browser, so I downloaded the firefox add on so that I can bookmark sites as I go (and when I bookmark them a helpful little window pops up where I can tag them right away). Delicious seems to be pretty easy to use. I also like the fact that you can see how others have tagged sites - and then you can click on their tags to find other sites they've tagged that way. When you bookmark a site, you are also given suggestions for tags.

Two thumbs way up for Deliscious!!

13 down, 10 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment