Monday, October 12, 2009

Thing 10

So things 10, 11, and 12 are labeled as "play week" and this was definitely the case with thing 10. My task for thing 10 was to experiment with an online image generator. An online image generator is basically where you take either your own photos or photos the site provides and do funny/funky things with them.

I tried out Big Huge Labs and enjoyed this site alot (http://bighugelabs.com) There are tons of different "effects" you can do - make your photo into a puzzle, a collage, a mosaic, an inspirational poster, etc etc etc. Once you select the effect, you can then either upload photos from your computer OR use photos you've already uploaded to Flickr, Facebook, or Photobucket (I really liked this option of using photos I had on other sites). Once you've decided on the photo, it's just a couple more clicks and voila - you have a photo work of art.

Example A: I took a picture that a friend of mine snapped of the Navy Pier Ferris wheel and used the pop art effect. I think it turned out pretty neat!:)

Anyhou, so I'm not really sure how knowing how to do cool things with pictures could help me in a library setting (other than knowing the tool exists and how to use it should patrons ask about it) But what I am sure is that it was a great time expirimenting with this technology!

10 Things down, 13 Things to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment