Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thing 17

In Thing 17, we continue on with the trend from Thing 16 of expirimenting with wikis. Except this time, I need to try to figure out how to edit it a wiki. I tried the 23 things wiki but I'm thinking that now that the official program is over that the wiki is no longer available for editing (because I created a PBwiki account but now all I can do is comment - I don't have the option to edit the page).

So why not see if I can edit the all powerful Wikipedia - the encyclopedia of the people, by the people, for the people.... While I didn't actually edit anything, it definitely seems pretty straightforward to do. I created an account, found a random article, clicked on "edit this page" and voila - there was a document I could edit. Oh the power! It's almost a bit scary how simple it is to edit Wikipedia. Though I've done research and I believe you can be sanctioned or banned from editing if you make too many malicious edits on Wikipedia. So it's not a complete free-for-all....

Another technology related thing I didn't know how to do before beginning this project! :)

17 down, 6 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment